This article pertains to:
See SlugOS5 for an outline of the major new features and changes for SlugOS 5.
Finding Wiki Information
Note the heading at the top of this page; this color-coded annotation will be used to help readers of the wiki to determine the specific firmware and version to which the article applies. Note that the absence of the color-coded annotation does not necessarily mean that the page in question does not apply; it merely means that nobody has (yet) taken the time to review and "certify" that the page is still pertinent and accurate for this SlugOS release.
Limitations and Known Problems
- This release requires a complete reflash and reinstall; there is currently no upgrade option available.
- The opkg utility leaves empty directories behind in root's home directory. This is a nuisance, but the empty directories can be safely removed at any time with the "rmdir" command.
- The busybox mount utility can occasionally become confused when asked to mount a metadisk by UUID. See TurnupToRAID for a procedure that works around this bug.
- Not all opkg packages have been updated to know about the expanded capabilities of busybox, resulting in errors similar to the one below. The solution is to use the "-force-overwrite" option with opkg to overwrite the busybox symbolic link. Please report these conflicts to the mailing lists when you encounter them so that we can get the packages updated.
* Package cron wants to install file /usr/bin/crontab
But that file is already provided by package * busybox
- The "beep" normally heard in mid-boot (at the point where the boot process switches from internal flash to the turned-up external storage) is sent to the console instead of the NSLU2 beeper.
(This page will be added to as new problems and solutions come to light)