How can I restore Samba on NSLU2 if it is no longer working?
- Turn NSLU2-HDD off
- Flash NSLU2 with original Linksys R25 firmware using telnet into RedBoot & use a TFTP server or use the SerComm upgrade protocol (see HowTo's)
- Reset sysconf (see HowTo's)
- Flash unslung-version of choice (e.g. 3.18) via webpage of NSLU2
- Telnet into NSLU2 after enabling telnet and login with standard password
- Turn HDD on
- Unsling again with "/sbin/unsling"
Now Samba should work again, your data on the HDD should be unchanged.