This page describes complete applications for the Linksys NSLU2. We intend moving a number of the existing HowTo pages here, where they describe how to get a well-known application to run on the slug. Note that this section is firmware-agnostic, and should describe fully-integrated solutions (i.e. ipkgs with sample configuration files and instructions on how to complete the installation and configuration), rather than just being a description of the contents of an Optware package (for instance). Applications designed specifically for a slug should be placed on the Custom page.
You can also search for packages using the Optware find tool(approve sites).
The following applications are available:
- AlarmSlug: Ser2Sock interfaces with Ademco AD2USB keypad emulator to send commands and receive alerts from the alarm system.
- Aquila: Run a Direct connect Hub on Your slug.
- BarracudaDrive: Application server with integrated WebDAV? server, Web File Manager, SSL tunnel, CMS, and forum.
- iTunesServer: Serve music from your Slug with an iTunes (DAAP) server.
- LAN/WAN digital camera server.
- OpenShowCenter: Open source music, video, and photo browsing server software for the Pinnacle Show Center, Neuston Virtuoso MC-500 and compatible devices.
- Music Browser: Light-weight web based music browser / streamer
- SlimServer: Free squeezebox music server.
- TwonkyVision: Commercial Media Server software for various UPnP devices.
- uShare: Free uShare uPNP Media Server for various UPnP devices.
- LastFMProxy (German): Use your NSLU2 as a last.fm radio proxy server.
- Asterisk: Turn your Slug into a home VoIP PBX.
- SwissCenter: Advanced opensource server software for the Pinnacle Show Center, Neuston Virtuoso MC-500 and compatible devices.
- Jinzora: PHP based open source streaming and/or MP3 Jukebox server.
- SimpleHomeWebsite, or VirtualHostingWithTHTTPD: Minimalist approaches to setting up a simple home website.
- Web based switching of power sockets using Gembird SiS-PM
- Switching on power of your printer when print job arrives (German) using Gembird SiS-PM
- Running XLink engine for free internet gaming Works for XBox, `PSP, PS2, etc. Available for Unslung or for DebianNSLU2
- Web based Weather Station.
- NSLU2 Based Console Server(approve sites) - Replacement for a serial terminal server using NSLU2, USB to serial adapters and F-F null cables.
Work is progressing on the following applications:
- DigitalCameraBackup: Back up your digital camera.
- OxylBox: Advanced open source server software for the Pinnacle Show Center, Neuston Virtuoso MC-500 and compatible devices.
- FireSlug: Using Linux iptables to build a secure highly customisable firewall, including a transparent bridge and a conventional NAT firewall, with the installation of a compatible USB-Ethernet adaptor. (Currently requires OpenSlug, only basic documentation in place)
- http://t0ny.org/page/nslu2. Controlling xmas lights with an Nslu2. (updated 11-06-2008). -t0ny
AstroSlug? - control of Camera (via gphoto2) and control of Telescope Mount